Huna is a Hawaiian word meaning secret and it also refers to the esoteric wisdom of Polynesia.
This is a system of original arts and sciences of spiritual development.
Some say that these teachings were originally called Ho’omana. Ho’o means to make and Mana means life force, equivalent to Ki (as in Aikido), Chi (as in Tai Chi) or Kundalini/Shakti in the Sanskrit language. So taken together the word Ho’omana means empowerment or to empower.
It may be as old as 35,000 years and is a part of the original teachings of the peoples of the earth, which were centered in Hawaii on a continent, which now, no longer exists. All that remains physically of that land are the mountain peaks of the island chain called Hawaii.
This teaching called Huna or Ho’omana is about empowerment. So it is a very practical toolset of empowering and achieving full potential.
The basic assumptions of Huna are these Seven Principles:
1. IKE / AWARENESS – The world is what you think it is.
2. KALA / FREEDOM – There are no limits.
3. MAKIA / FOCUSSING – Energy flows where attention goes.
4. MANAWA / PRESENCE – Now is the moment of power.
5. ALOHA / LOVE – To love is to be happy with (someone or something).
6. MANA / STRENGTH – All Power Comes From Within.
7. PONO / WISDOM – Effectiveness Is The Measure Of Truth.